Skip to main content

Moving is hard work...

So, I used to think I enjoy moving...well, I don't think I enjoy it as much as I thought...

Well, I actually enjoy the ACTUAL move, the relocating to a new place getting used to new surroundings and the possibilities there...what I DON'T like is the PACKING!!! Trying to pack things logically so it is easy to find in the new place.

This time it is even more tricky as we are putting most things into storage...well, I am only putting a few things of MINE into storage...I have around 8-10 ring binders with patterns of all sorts, and they are going into storage together with about 75% of my books. It is only for 6months, so I'll live...

Some things it is hard to decide on storing or taking with you...things that you don't know if you will have use of as soon as you don't have them any more...you know what I mean, don't you:)

I have so far packed about 75% of my things, I have emptied drawers and the wardrobe in my room, I have emptied the under-stairs-cupboard...making the downstairs a mess...

I spent around 90minutes in my room, whilst Darwin was outside relaxing in the grass (in the shade of course), and then he came to my room as that is where he sleeps most of the time, so I gave him a cuddle and then I left him in peace...I'll have to give Tara a walk, then I have to move all the boxes and suitcases into my room again as they are in the bedroom...otherwise I wont' be able to go to bed tonight...but I will wait until later when Darwin comes downstairs to sleep on the sofa...he tends to show up around 9-10pm...pretty much every single night...

So, that is my life amongst boxes and pets...right now I have a very restless dog next to me...she is expecting her afternoon walk...and she will NOT settle down until she has had it...

Comments

  1. Yes Dear is like that with her morning lovins. If I don't stroke and pet her, she gets irate, lol. I hope you get all the packing done, and no ill effects for Darwin. It sounds like you're doing pretty well at keeping him away from the chaos. Good for you!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well...he is really right in the middle of the chaos, but because he is allowed out (last move I was away all day, and we don't let the cats outside at night) and because he gets cuddles when he wants it (not to mention I am not as stressed as last time)...

    I've got hubby home now, but he is sleeping at the moment...he has done nights since Monday evening, and has hardly slept as he has been spending the days trying to finish an audit they've dragged him into...so, I will wake him up around 5.30 (should give him just over an hour's rest) so that we can continue packing...we want to get as much as possible done today and early tomorrow as we are going to see Harry Potter 2nd part 3D tomorrow, and then his work has sorted a dinner out for us...BUSY BUSY BUSY...lol... Saturday morning they are arriving to pick up things for storage, and if that goes without a hitch, we will go see the latest Transformers 3D before we move (simply because there is no Vue or Odeon in Orkney...)and we really want to see those two movies in 3D:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. yep, moving is great, packing is not! you have my sympathy!
    Very nice to meet you too, sorry your off and away now, also I love your piece below I wonder if there is an Embroidery Group near where you'll be living?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks:) I have tried to find out about an embroidery group, but I am not sure...there is so much crafts going on, but I have not found much in the way of embroidery. I will look into it more when I get there and settle in. At the moment we have boxes EVERYWHERE, and things everywhere, and just found out from the moving company that they are not going to pick things up until Sunday as they are double booked tomorrow...so instead of sending things off to storage tomorrow and then having the Orkney stuff being picked up Sunday (after I've left for Orkney before 6am) giving us time to clean a bit on Saturday...everything is hanging on the movers showing up Sunday morning. It is important they don't show up too late as hubby has to get to the flight for Orkney at some stage...although he should not get there before me (6pm) if he wants me to pick him up...lol

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cool, Ylva. I hope you get to see both movies, enjoy them both, and enjoy your dinner. Here's hoping it all goes as planned. Glad to hear that Darwin is doing well!! OH, NO!!!! That's gonna be a mess, having them come on Sunday. Did you try and bribe them to come on Saturday instead?!? Too late to do anything about it now of course. I will say a prayer for you, Ylva, that things work out right for you!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Refreshing my blog (long time coming)...

Hi, I haven't posted here for a very long time. Towards the end of the last period of blogging I completely lost track of my craftiness and there was just too much going on in life. Now I am finally feeling like myself again, I have started a web shop on Etsy and have started selling my jewellery from a shop in town. I have not yet been brave enough to do a craft fair, but I have my eyes on one in October and then it is a matter of doing some Christmas fairs to get my name out there. Below you can see some of the things I have made, and I will be posting my finished items whatever they may be both on Instagram, Facebook and here, planning on going a bit more in depth here for whoever wants to know more:) So, here we go:) This was a commission, made up of peacock colour freshwater cultured pearl nuggets and silver-plated copper stardust beads and findings. It consists of a ring, ear studs, bracelet and necklace. The lady who ordered it absolutely loves it:) Below are so...

New Year, New Home, New Outlook!

Ok, so I have been very bad with writing on my blog...I am slightly ashamed... I do however have a reason for it...This last year went pear shaped, and I lost myself a bit. Firstly in March, my husband failed his final exam for the first time, causing a lot of stress and worry. Secondly, we lost our gorgeous baby girl Tara, our almost 12 year old GSD...she was in too much pain in her back and back legs, she was dragging her back feet as she had no strength to lift them to walk properly on her pads. This caused her to wear down her claws so much that she was bleeding on one occasion. After this occasion we made sure to walk her only on the side of the road so she could drag her feet on grass instead of asphalt. At the end of April 2014, we sent her across the Rainbow Bridge, to join her friend Darwin whom we lost in December 2012. After this awful event, things were quite tough at home, and as if that was not enough, my husband still had to study and practice for his final exam. He ha...

Slimming World update!

I AM SOOOOOOO HAPPY!!! I lost 6 1/2 pounds, which means I have reached my 1st stone milestone:) I am so surprised but happy...I have gained 1/2pound three weeks in a row because my period was 3weeks late. Now my period has come and gone, and it just shows how much my body is affected by the f***king period...  (and those stars are hiding REA and nothing else...lol) So, tonight it is Nando's dinner...chicken, coleslaw and ratatouille (or perhaps some lovely chips) to celebrate weightloss as well as payday...I do normally let myself enjoy a nice treat of some sorts after my weigh in...that way it is easier to stay on track the rest of the time...:) I am getting on with my Siamese cats, and am about halfway through with the white, and once that is done I am finished and can make them into a cushion cover:)