Skip to main content

Planning a move

It is not easy relocating...and to do it twice in one year is not fun. We have received two quotes for the relocation and storage of our "stuff", and the difference between the two is A LOT!!! almost two grand...the top end quote is twice what we can claim for from the hospital. Unfortunately that quote comes from the company we wanted to go with...

It is 22days til the move, and we have not booked the movers yet, and it is getting me stressed out!!! It is hard enough figuring out how to relocate the pets in the least stressful way we can, and to figure out what to bring to Orkney and what to pack away for 6months. This weekend I will be trying to get some boxes so I can start packing up my room...I really need to think hard about what to bring...how much I am likely to be doing over the next 6months...but if I only bring some items, I am likely to need the things I have put in storage...so, most likely I will bring all my crafty stuff so that I don't have to be in that position. The only other thing I can do is put most things in storage and simply not do a lot of crafty stuff whilst I am away, and instead  work on exercising and travel round and experience Orkney. But, they have a lot of crafty people there, and if I have a chance to learn something from one of them...if I then have my crafty stuff packed away I won't be able to practice...and also, I will most likely not be working for 6months, so I will have plenty of time to do both sightseeing AND craft...yeah, I am leaning towards bringing everything I've got and promise myself to be efficient!

Hubby is going to study for his driving theory test this weekend. Once he has passed that, he can work on driving, and then it won't be too far before he has a licence as well:)

Apart from that, I have had a productive week...been with the car to the garage...fixed the thing that needed fixing, found out we need to change a tyre as well...there is a crack almost 25cm long on the inside of the tyre making air seep out so I have to fill air up every week. That is more outgoings...sigh...

Today I went to the dentist, thinking I had to pull a tooth...turns out that tooth is fine, but the tooth behind and above it that is a problem...referred pain it is called...so I have to go back and fill the cavities...SIGH!!!

Well, I guess that is it for now. I am hoping to have something to say this weekend again, but that remains to be seen how efficient I have been. Wish me luck:)

Comments

  1. Oh, Ylva, lots going on. I hope your mental health can take it!!! Good luck getting the movers all set up. I called mine on Friday and they wanted to move me that night. I said the next day, Sat, but wow, sooooooo fast. I hope you get the movers you want. I would be nervous about the move if I got the lower company, cause are they as careful? Make sure they're both bonded and insured too. If something gets damaged, you want to be able to recoup your money!! I hope you can get the pets moved without any drama. It may stress Darwin when you start packing though, right? I hope he's okay with you packing up some stuff in your room!! And as for taking your craft stuff, I would take it all too. You never know what you're gonna want to work on!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My mental health is good...I handle stress a lot better than my husband who starts getting snappy quite quickly...I have to tell him not to take his mood out on me...but since he will be working and I will be at home from Thursday until the move, I will be doing most of the packing. He will do his own room...as he has to decide on what goes to storage (that way he won't blame me if he gets something wrong...). The important things like computers, printer and my sewing machine will go in the car with us. All companies we are checking with are insured. But the top company (price wise) wants just under £4000, and the lowest (so far) wants around £1300...now that is a massive difference...we are waiting on one more company before deciding. The one we wanted is the expensive one, and the reason we wanted them is because they would have our storage stuff in Orkney...close to hand if he needed something...

    And, yes, I have decided for sure to take pretty much all craft stuff. Not some folders with patterns I won't be using, and not the fabric I plan to use for curtains as I won't be making curtains until we get our own house (unless there is a need when we move to Inverness) as I don't want to ruin my lovely Swedish fabric by cutting it too short and be unable to use it once we get our own home again...can't wait...

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Refreshing my blog (long time coming)...

Hi, I haven't posted here for a very long time. Towards the end of the last period of blogging I completely lost track of my craftiness and there was just too much going on in life. Now I am finally feeling like myself again, I have started a web shop on Etsy and have started selling my jewellery from a shop in town. I have not yet been brave enough to do a craft fair, but I have my eyes on one in October and then it is a matter of doing some Christmas fairs to get my name out there. Below you can see some of the things I have made, and I will be posting my finished items whatever they may be both on Instagram, Facebook and here, planning on going a bit more in depth here for whoever wants to know more:) So, here we go:) This was a commission, made up of peacock colour freshwater cultured pearl nuggets and silver-plated copper stardust beads and findings. It consists of a ring, ear studs, bracelet and necklace. The lady who ordered it absolutely loves it:) Below are so...

New Year, New Home, New Outlook!

Ok, so I have been very bad with writing on my blog...I am slightly ashamed... I do however have a reason for it...This last year went pear shaped, and I lost myself a bit. Firstly in March, my husband failed his final exam for the first time, causing a lot of stress and worry. Secondly, we lost our gorgeous baby girl Tara, our almost 12 year old GSD...she was in too much pain in her back and back legs, she was dragging her back feet as she had no strength to lift them to walk properly on her pads. This caused her to wear down her claws so much that she was bleeding on one occasion. After this occasion we made sure to walk her only on the side of the road so she could drag her feet on grass instead of asphalt. At the end of April 2014, we sent her across the Rainbow Bridge, to join her friend Darwin whom we lost in December 2012. After this awful event, things were quite tough at home, and as if that was not enough, my husband still had to study and practice for his final exam. He ha...

Slimming World update!

I AM SOOOOOOO HAPPY!!! I lost 6 1/2 pounds, which means I have reached my 1st stone milestone:) I am so surprised but happy...I have gained 1/2pound three weeks in a row because my period was 3weeks late. Now my period has come and gone, and it just shows how much my body is affected by the f***king period...  (and those stars are hiding REA and nothing else...lol) So, tonight it is Nando's dinner...chicken, coleslaw and ratatouille (or perhaps some lovely chips) to celebrate weightloss as well as payday...I do normally let myself enjoy a nice treat of some sorts after my weigh in...that way it is easier to stay on track the rest of the time...:) I am getting on with my Siamese cats, and am about halfway through with the white, and once that is done I am finished and can make them into a cushion cover:)