So, it took some time, but I have finally finished another little design:)
I know where it is going once I have made it into something (not sure what yet) and I hope they will like it:)
I love watermelon (get heartburn from all other melons unfortunately) and when I was slicing one up for dessert yesterday, I looked at the "shell" and was amazed at what I saw...see if you can see what I saw:)
On other news, we have found and booked a moving and storage company, and are SOOOO relieved!!! Having that sorted, and a moving date, makes it such a relief. I know there will be hard work, but once we've done the move, we are ok for 6months until the next move, which will be easier...at least that move will be a much shorter distance, and we will have most things already packed and ready and will only need to be moved from storage to the new house. It will be better for the pets as well.
The drive from Preston to Gill's Bay where the ferry leaves from is calculated at 7hours 26minutes, excluding any stops. The ferry will take about an hour, and then the last bit should take no more than 20minutes...so, I will be leaving with the car packed full of computers, cats and a dog on Sunday morning, the movers will come and remove things for Orkney on Sunday evening to drive over night, cross to Orkney, come and drop things off and then go back cross to the mainland no later than lunch time. Then hubby will come up most likely on the Tuesday, to start working on the Wednesday.
So, all I have to do now is the packing and organizing...hard work but not too bad...hubby will do the packing of his own room, and help me decide on what we need from the kitchen and living room, but I will do the packing of the rest of things. Will take it slowly though so I don't stress my poor babies (especially Darwin).
Sorry about the longwinded story...a lot happening...
I know where it is going once I have made it into something (not sure what yet) and I hope they will like it:)
I love watermelon (get heartburn from all other melons unfortunately) and when I was slicing one up for dessert yesterday, I looked at the "shell" and was amazed at what I saw...see if you can see what I saw:)
On other news, we have found and booked a moving and storage company, and are SOOOO relieved!!! Having that sorted, and a moving date, makes it such a relief. I know there will be hard work, but once we've done the move, we are ok for 6months until the next move, which will be easier...at least that move will be a much shorter distance, and we will have most things already packed and ready and will only need to be moved from storage to the new house. It will be better for the pets as well.
The drive from Preston to Gill's Bay where the ferry leaves from is calculated at 7hours 26minutes, excluding any stops. The ferry will take about an hour, and then the last bit should take no more than 20minutes...so, I will be leaving with the car packed full of computers, cats and a dog on Sunday morning, the movers will come and remove things for Orkney on Sunday evening to drive over night, cross to Orkney, come and drop things off and then go back cross to the mainland no later than lunch time. Then hubby will come up most likely on the Tuesday, to start working on the Wednesday.
So, all I have to do now is the packing and organizing...hard work but not too bad...hubby will do the packing of his own room, and help me decide on what we need from the kitchen and living room, but I will do the packing of the rest of things. Will take it slowly though so I don't stress my poor babies (especially Darwin).
Sorry about the longwinded story...a lot happening...
love the stitching
ReplyDeletemaybe a little heart in the watermelon?
chris b
Yep, a little heart:) Made me feel good:) never thought I'd find a heart in a watermelon...lol
ReplyDeleteIt is cute Ylva. I saw the heart too! I love your little finish. Is it going to someone I know? I can't wait to see pics of your new house, and environs. I hope the pets (especially Darwin) deal with the move okay and there are no vet visits to be made. Best of luck with the packing. I hope you're ready when the movers get there!!!
ReplyDeleteI started cleaning the pots for outdoor plants today...but then I had to go to the dentist...had two cavities to deal with, and one of them was really deep...if the fixing it does not work I'll have to go back and have it pulled...sigh...
ReplyDeleteOh, no!! Cavities are never fun. I hope the fix works and you don't have to go back and get it pulled. I know I don't brush enough (once a day is not enough) and I just can't seem to remember. My dentist is gonna throw fits at me again!!!
ReplyDelete