So, I did my last day at my last job on Wednesday. Got some gorgeous flower bouquets, some nice smelly toiletries, lovely good bye cards and a few hugs.
So, the rest of the week I have been potting about quite literally...yesterday I cleaned almost half of the pots we have for the garden (well, I guess we can use some of the pots in the house as well), and today I have cleaned the house...had to as we had two viewings just after 4pm...after the viewings I waited for the traffic to calm after rush hour, and then I went and got dinner from MackyD's...yes I know I should avoid them and other fatty foods like the plague, but I have been dripping with sweat most of the day because of the heat and the cleaning of house...sorry for the frank explanation...lol
So, if we get a delivery of boxes this weekend we can start packing, if not, I am going to start going through things and make lists...if the weather is ok I will finish cleaning the pots and organize stuff from the shed, so that I avoid any slugs and snails hitching a ride to storage...
So...busy busy for the next two weeks, and then we move...the movers come on the Saturday to move things for storage. That way we have time to clean up a bit and put the Orkney stuff in a corner of the living room to make it easier on the Sunday. Sunday morning I will pack up the essentials, the cats and the dog, and start driving...I am hoping to get started around 6am, so that I will be able to take the ferry across around 4.30pm. That way I can get the pets out of the car so they have time to destress before I go to bed...and then early Monday morning the movers will arrive with the stuff, and if I'm lucky hubby will arrive with the movers...
This all remains to be seen...as I said there are still 2weeks to go...but at least I have that time to pack and organise, unlike last time I moved when I was working full time at the same time...poor cats were so stressed by the time we moved that it took some time for them to relax. This time I am hoping they won't be stressed...at least not too much. I know you can't help a bit of stress, but I am hoping Darwin will manage better this time...
Hoping to have time to do some stitching this weekend...or at least do some finishings...we'll see by Sunday night if I have any new photos to show...lol
Oh, and I found a give away...see the picture below and you will see why I just had to share.
I am hoping this link will work...http://happinessiscrossstitching.blogspot.com/2011/07/one-felt-broach-giveaway.html
So, the rest of the week I have been potting about quite literally...yesterday I cleaned almost half of the pots we have for the garden (well, I guess we can use some of the pots in the house as well), and today I have cleaned the house...had to as we had two viewings just after 4pm...after the viewings I waited for the traffic to calm after rush hour, and then I went and got dinner from MackyD's...yes I know I should avoid them and other fatty foods like the plague, but I have been dripping with sweat most of the day because of the heat and the cleaning of house...sorry for the frank explanation...lol
So, if we get a delivery of boxes this weekend we can start packing, if not, I am going to start going through things and make lists...if the weather is ok I will finish cleaning the pots and organize stuff from the shed, so that I avoid any slugs and snails hitching a ride to storage...
So...busy busy for the next two weeks, and then we move...the movers come on the Saturday to move things for storage. That way we have time to clean up a bit and put the Orkney stuff in a corner of the living room to make it easier on the Sunday. Sunday morning I will pack up the essentials, the cats and the dog, and start driving...I am hoping to get started around 6am, so that I will be able to take the ferry across around 4.30pm. That way I can get the pets out of the car so they have time to destress before I go to bed...and then early Monday morning the movers will arrive with the stuff, and if I'm lucky hubby will arrive with the movers...
This all remains to be seen...as I said there are still 2weeks to go...but at least I have that time to pack and organise, unlike last time I moved when I was working full time at the same time...poor cats were so stressed by the time we moved that it took some time for them to relax. This time I am hoping they won't be stressed...at least not too much. I know you can't help a bit of stress, but I am hoping Darwin will manage better this time...
Hoping to have time to do some stitching this weekend...or at least do some finishings...we'll see by Sunday night if I have any new photos to show...lol
Oh, and I found a give away...see the picture below and you will see why I just had to share.
I am hoping this link will work...http://happinessiscrossstitching.blogspot.com/2011/07/one-felt-broach-giveaway.html
Oh, Ylva, you have so much going on. I'd love to be able to run over and help you!!! Glad you got the pots done, and the cleaning too. I understand about hot and sweaty and not wanting to cook. I love Micky D's too, so I can understand your desire to go there, lol. It's my fave place to go!! Great giveaway, I'm off to enter now!! Will keep my fingers crossed that the move goes great and the pets are hardly upset at all, especially Darwin. He's so easily upset!! YD and I are sending love and hugs from across the pond!!
ReplyDelete