Hi, I haven't posted here for a very long time. Towards the end of the last period of blogging I completely lost track of my craftiness and there was just too much going on in life. Now I am finally feeling like myself again, I have started a web shop on Etsy and have started selling my jewellery from a shop in town. I have not yet been brave enough to do a craft fair, but I have my eyes on one in October and then it is a matter of doing some Christmas fairs to get my name out there. Below you can see some of the things I have made, and I will be posting my finished items whatever they may be both on Instagram, Facebook and here, planning on going a bit more in depth here for whoever wants to know more:) So, here we go:) This was a commission, made up of peacock colour freshwater cultured pearl nuggets and silver-plated copper stardust beads and findings. It consists of a ring, ear studs, bracelet and necklace. The lady who ordered it absolutely loves it:) Below are so...
This is where I will explore the world of crafting, sharing with and learning from other crafters around the world. I hope I will not be too boring, if I am please make a comment to kick me into shape:) I am not going to put a limit to any specific crafts as I love too many of them:)
I vote needlebook, and it's very pretty. Love the colors you used, Ylva. Grats on the finish!
ReplyDeleteThank you:) I used two sampler threads (got them upstairs so can't tell you the names) and one DMC light effect (the medium blue). I really enjoyed it, and I absolutely love the effect of them on the raw linen:) 35count. I really do prefer the smaller count linen and evenweave... do you prefer aida or linen?
ReplyDeleteI prefer the smaller count evenweaves. I have used Jazzlyn and Lugana so far, and loved both. I hated the DMC linen that we originally got with Jesus, but love the lugana I'm doing him on now. I've never stitched on smaller than thirty two count, but I prefer twenty eight count. It's my fave for things like my HAEDs and, well, everything, lol. Meerkat is done on twenty eight, and so is Cattitude. Bubbles and Impossible Love and my Chat, Desert Garden Mandala are all done on twenty eight. I have some pieces on Aida though. Some are from the time when I bought kits for my stitching, as it was easier than kitting things myself, and I had a limited amount of time with which to work. As I've gotten more time though, I tend to go for charts, which I have to kit up myself. I enjoy the process of picking out flossies and fabby to go with the chart I'm doing. Especially for the Chats I want to get. I was planning on getting four of them this summer, but HAED keeps having sales, and I just can't resist and HAED sale!!! I want Evening in the Park, Japanese Garden, A Fairy Flower Garden, and the Holland Springtime Mandala. I want hand dyed fabby for each of them. It's soooo expensive though, and I have so many HAEDs to kit up (I want to add the seven deadly sins to my rotation), that I'm thinking the Chats will have to wait till next year or some other year down the road. Do you have color preferences? Is blue your fave or is that piece charted in blue? (Sorry to write you a novel, lol.)
ReplyDeleteDo you mean the folksy flower being blue...yes it was, and it was supposed to be done on a natural linen. Sometimes I try to get the colors they want for the project I want to do, and if it is a project with a lot of colors I tend to go for similar colors if I don't have the exact ones. With smaller projects with smaller colors I tend to pick colors that I want. Like the "For my Friend" which was supposed to be done in very strong colors like yellow, green and red and on black fabric, but I picked colors that felt right for me...When it is time to do my Egypt Garden, I will get the right colors as that is a very complex project and I want it to look right. That is the best thing about crafts...you can simply pick what you want...just use your imagination. I LOVE CRAFTS:) There are a lot of Chatelaines I want, and a few HAEDs, but most of the HAEDs are fantasy type ones, and it is just not me. For large projects I prefer those that are realistic. Like my Tutankhamun, Nefertiti, my Wolves and so on...of course when it comes to Chatelaine and Vicki's designs, it is more about symmetry and detail. And, as you can see, I have no issue with novels:)
ReplyDeleteI see that, lol. I have no issues with novels either. HAED is an addictive site for me. I LOVE fantasy art, as long as it looks realistic. I have quite a few HAEDs, and I love them. I have three started now, and am planning to start at the very least another two (possibly another seven). I just have to kit them up. I'm hoping for a Labor Day sale here in the US. I can kit a couple of them up for that, if we have a nice sale. It should cost me roughly fifty five dollars for all the threads at full price. So if I don't kit one in August, and save my money, I can kit two of them in September at the Labor Day sale. (If my back can stand it. All that bending kills me!!) I may have to make two trips, lol. I just got the last of the Seven Deadly Sins by Marta Dahlig, and I'm loving them. I want to add them all to my rotation, and I should be able to kit at least three or four of them in the amount of time I have. We shall see!! As for subbing out colors, I rarely do. I generally stick with the colors called for as I'm not very creative. Well, let's just say I have very, VERY little originality. I just don't change out colors, ever. Except with Vicki's designs. They just scream at me to use colors from my stash of variegated flossies. Vicki likes to get on my case as I use one, two, or three strands of floss instead of using perle. I don't like perle though, as I have to use a big, honking needle with them. I hate that!!! Normally, when I stitch, I use a size twenty eight petit (the smallest needle there is in tapestry needles) and using a twenty two just bugs the crap out of me. Here's hoping you have a good week!!
ReplyDelete