We have our stuff!!! Our furniture, pictures, kitchen items (including a beloved microwave) and books books and more books...and other stuff...sooo much stuff...amazing how people collect things...
I have got most of my stuff (minus some books) in my room...hubby has his stuff in his room and in the hallway...we have almost put the furniture where it needs to go, but will finish that part of the organizing tomorrow. Today's priority was to get his desk put back together, get things in the right room...
We got up just before 9am, made a cuppa tea and got ready to have breakfast when the removal men showed up at the door...We were expecting them to text or call when they got close to Inverness so we could be properly prepared...so we had to get the doors opened, the cat shut in the bathroom and the dog in the car, move the car and make coffee for the boys...and then watch them move and shift things and tell them where everything went. By 11am the whole van was empty, one step ladder missing and the slats for the bed missing...so we are stuck in the spare bed for a few more days while they get replacement slats sent to us... That is the good thing about insurance...
I will get back to sorting through and putting things in drawers and cupboards tomorrow...if I try to do anything tonight I will have to utilize the space on the bed, which means I have to clear the bed again before going to bed, so I will leave it til tomorrow when we get up...just makes more sense...
Then I can get back to sewing and stitching:) YEY:)
I have got most of my stuff (minus some books) in my room...hubby has his stuff in his room and in the hallway...we have almost put the furniture where it needs to go, but will finish that part of the organizing tomorrow. Today's priority was to get his desk put back together, get things in the right room...
We got up just before 9am, made a cuppa tea and got ready to have breakfast when the removal men showed up at the door...We were expecting them to text or call when they got close to Inverness so we could be properly prepared...so we had to get the doors opened, the cat shut in the bathroom and the dog in the car, move the car and make coffee for the boys...and then watch them move and shift things and tell them where everything went. By 11am the whole van was empty, one step ladder missing and the slats for the bed missing...so we are stuck in the spare bed for a few more days while they get replacement slats sent to us... That is the good thing about insurance...
I will get back to sorting through and putting things in drawers and cupboards tomorrow...if I try to do anything tonight I will have to utilize the space on the bed, which means I have to clear the bed again before going to bed, so I will leave it til tomorrow when we get up...just makes more sense...
Then I can get back to sewing and stitching:) YEY:)
Comments
Post a Comment