Took the car for MOT, went into town and walked around...called to see if the car was ready and found out that the car failed MISERABLY!!!
So, I could not even drive the car home (MOT had expired) so it is still at the garage...we will have to decide on trying to fix it or selling it for scrap and getting a new used car...
Money money money...
So, I could not even drive the car home (MOT had expired) so it is still at the garage...we will have to decide on trying to fix it or selling it for scrap and getting a new used car...
Money money money...
Oh, that sucks. I'm sorry to hear it Ylva. I hope you can make it work!!
ReplyDeleteYou might want to try another shop for a 2nd opinion. Unless you have been to that shop before and felt they were reasonable, then I wouldn't trust them yet. Especially if you were the one to take it to them. It seems that some men still tend to look down on women and will tell them whatever just to pull the wool over their eyes and charge them for things that don't need done. It is sad, but it does happen quite frequently. I hope you get it taken care of with minimal effort.
ReplyDeleteWell, we did talk to our only local friend plus a taxi driver, and they gave some good advice regarding garages to contact, and we managed to find a garage to do the work at almost half the price compared to the first quote. They have promised that if the price will go up, they will stop what they are doing and call us so we can decide what to do. Hubby is looking into finance for a newer car if this one gets too expensive. We have to have a few options...
ReplyDeleteKwikfit is a big chain here, and in Preston I guess I was lucky with them as they did a lot of little things for free for me, and they checked the car out for free and told me what needed to be done and how much it would cost with them, while this one seems to be a lot more expensive and more to the point than helpful. But I am not easily taken advantage of...I have learned a lot since moving to England, how to stand up for myself and how to demand my rights. It has been quite empowering. And then I have a husband who is very suspicious and can be quite confrontational if needed...he will not be taken advantage of. And he worked in customer services as well, so he knows the tricks of the trade...quite practical to have around:)
Glad to hear that you did get a second opinion and quote. And I am glad that you are empowered and not easily taken advantage of but that doesn't stop them from trying. I hope that everything works out well for you.
ReplyDelete