As any woman who's got pain and discomfort at a certain time of the month knows, you don't really function normally during those days. Now...imagine if you have terrible cramps for 2 weeks (!!!) leading up to those days of pain and discomfort...including upset stomach for most of those 2weeks as well... that is how I've had it for the last year or so...and these last few days before relief came were so bad the normal painkillers did not work and I had to use another sort AS WELL just to take the edge off, plus curling up in a ball...NOT FUN!!!
Anywho...I am finally getting to the end of that time, and am feeling like myself again...YEY!!! :) So...I have cleared up the kitchen table (but left it in the kitchen as it is just too much hassle dragging it into the livingroom), put the computer there and am getting ready to do some finishing of projects. I was just about to go get the sewing machine and iron when I realised it was 1.30pm and I might as well have lunch before I clutter the table again...so, I am sitting here with a sandwich and a cuppa, writing a little here whilst I am finishing lunch...then it is time to work on the reindeer. I have decided to make it into a little pillow ornament. I have been searching for instructions on how to do the kind I've seen on so many blogs (long, narrow, with the stitching on top or bottom half of front and with a different fabric making up the other half or so) but I can only find all other kinds of pillows/cushions...so I am going at it on my own. I figured, I do have a brain, I have fabric and I have a measuring tool...should be ok...I'll post a pic when I am done and you can be the judge of my talents:)
On another note, my darling hubby has "got back on the horse" when it comes to learning how to drive, and has come so far that he is now on our car insurance, and drives to work most mornings. He is doing really well, and we are hoping he'll have his licence before we move. That would be so practical as we could rent a van for our stuff, he could drive the car and I could drive the van, and we'd be saving tons of money...not to mention I would not have to drive with all three pets in the car...lol...
Anyway, he drove to work today (is working weekend long shift) and of course in his excitement he forgot to bring his lunch. So...I drove home, had breakfast, packed the dog and hubby's lunch in the car and drove back to Kirkwall...dropped off the lunch and parked close to a green area, got out and walked Tara for 2 hours in a lovely sunny Kirkwall. Now she is sleeping out in the sun (I had to bring her in for about 20minutes waiting for the postman to come and deliver the post...don't want her to scare him off) which she has done ever since we got home. She does NOT want to be inside...me on the other hand have to be in as I get sunburn and blisters if I am in the sun for too long...and I do need to do some sewing...(well, I WANT to do some sewing)
Wish me luck:)
Anywho...I am finally getting to the end of that time, and am feeling like myself again...YEY!!! :) So...I have cleared up the kitchen table (but left it in the kitchen as it is just too much hassle dragging it into the livingroom), put the computer there and am getting ready to do some finishing of projects. I was just about to go get the sewing machine and iron when I realised it was 1.30pm and I might as well have lunch before I clutter the table again...so, I am sitting here with a sandwich and a cuppa, writing a little here whilst I am finishing lunch...then it is time to work on the reindeer. I have decided to make it into a little pillow ornament. I have been searching for instructions on how to do the kind I've seen on so many blogs (long, narrow, with the stitching on top or bottom half of front and with a different fabric making up the other half or so) but I can only find all other kinds of pillows/cushions...so I am going at it on my own. I figured, I do have a brain, I have fabric and I have a measuring tool...should be ok...I'll post a pic when I am done and you can be the judge of my talents:)
On another note, my darling hubby has "got back on the horse" when it comes to learning how to drive, and has come so far that he is now on our car insurance, and drives to work most mornings. He is doing really well, and we are hoping he'll have his licence before we move. That would be so practical as we could rent a van for our stuff, he could drive the car and I could drive the van, and we'd be saving tons of money...not to mention I would not have to drive with all three pets in the car...lol...
Anyway, he drove to work today (is working weekend long shift) and of course in his excitement he forgot to bring his lunch. So...I drove home, had breakfast, packed the dog and hubby's lunch in the car and drove back to Kirkwall...dropped off the lunch and parked close to a green area, got out and walked Tara for 2 hours in a lovely sunny Kirkwall. Now she is sleeping out in the sun (I had to bring her in for about 20minutes waiting for the postman to come and deliver the post...don't want her to scare him off) which she has done ever since we got home. She does NOT want to be inside...me on the other hand have to be in as I get sunburn and blisters if I am in the sun for too long...and I do need to do some sewing...(well, I WANT to do some sewing)
Wish me luck:)
Mmmm, I hear you about THOSE days. About 2-3 days a month I just want to call in sick, but sooner or later people would figure out the pattern... Blah!
ReplyDelete:-)