So...I have done the actual stitching of what is called "Heaven Scent". On the central square there is supposed to be a bullion lavender twig, but I am not sure that is suitable with the colors I chose, so I am going to go through the charms and buttons I have, and see if I can find something more suitable. I may do a bullion rose instead (first time I try that) as I think that can be more suitable...see for yourself what you think...any ideas?
I was a bit silly when I started, so I wasted threads by going across the back for each and every bit of the stitch, so the smallest square of smyrna stitches are made with a variegated DMC thread from AGES ago (I used three different variegated threads from that DMC range which I won about 8years ago), but the 3 outer squares are done with Dinky Dyes Opal and Weeks Dye Works Spumoni. The central square of cross stitches are done with Anchor 158 as I felt it was suitable with the variegated and the lavender I was gonna do...
I have already picked 3 projects from two other Inspirations issues...there is a very cute patchwork angel piece suitable for a Christmas present, plus two other ones I fell for...but I need to finish this one first. Then I have about 4 smaller pieces to finish in some way as well...and THEN I will get to the next project. I will try to incorporate my sewing machine and multitude of fabrics...wish me luck...
I was a bit silly when I started, so I wasted threads by going across the back for each and every bit of the stitch, so the smallest square of smyrna stitches are made with a variegated DMC thread from AGES ago (I used three different variegated threads from that DMC range which I won about 8years ago), but the 3 outer squares are done with Dinky Dyes Opal and Weeks Dye Works Spumoni. The central square of cross stitches are done with Anchor 158 as I felt it was suitable with the variegated and the lavender I was gonna do...
I have already picked 3 projects from two other Inspirations issues...there is a very cute patchwork angel piece suitable for a Christmas present, plus two other ones I fell for...but I need to finish this one first. Then I have about 4 smaller pieces to finish in some way as well...and THEN I will get to the next project. I will try to incorporate my sewing machine and multitude of fabrics...wish me luck...
That's looking beautiful. I think I'd practise making roses on a spare piece, just in case I ruined it! What's the size here? And where did you pick up that pattern? Hope you've not been blown away this week!
ReplyDeleteI am made of sturdy stuff:) The pattern is in the Inspiration magazine issue 4 (from 1994) that I just bought from a fellow stitcher:)I ended up putting a charm instead, and I think it is quite pretty:)
ReplyDelete