Heloo World,
I am both happy and not so happy...my husband is going to Sri Lanka on Sunday for a week...he is going to see his mum for the first time in 23years! I am really happy for him:)
I wish I could have gone with him, but there is just not enough money and time. We are moving to Orkney in July, he is going to Sri Lanka, he is working more hours than what's good for him, I am unable to go home this summer because of all this...we need to sort something out in the car before we move, we need to put some things in storage as we are renting a part furnished property on Orkney. Then in February we are moving again, this time to Inverness, Beauley or somewhere in between...but then we will stay for 2 1/2 years which is nice. After that hubby is FINISHED with his training so he can apply for a permanent job. Once he has a job we can get a "forever" home...I cannot wait to have a home where I can work in the garden, put a proper craft room together...perhaps in an outbuilding:) So many dreams, so many plans...:)
The fact is, even though I am not feeling my best at this moment...I am tired, lethargic, uninspired and generally BLAHHH, I am really excited about the future. I cannot WAIT to move to Orkney:) The thought of living in a place like that, is just exciting. And then moving to Scotland...I have loved Scotland since I was little...watching Taggart...:) Listening to the dialect, watching them drive around in the beautiful countryside...can't wait:)
I have finished one little picture, and am planning on finishing it off as a needle book. Never done that before, so it may take some time...but here is a picture:)
It is kinda cute, don't you think? It is from The Gift of Stitching...I think they have sooo many gorgeous designs. I have not used the exact colors, but tried to pick similar colors. It looks better in real life...now I just have to find a suitable button or charm to put in the middle :)
I am both happy and not so happy...my husband is going to Sri Lanka on Sunday for a week...he is going to see his mum for the first time in 23years! I am really happy for him:)
I wish I could have gone with him, but there is just not enough money and time. We are moving to Orkney in July, he is going to Sri Lanka, he is working more hours than what's good for him, I am unable to go home this summer because of all this...we need to sort something out in the car before we move, we need to put some things in storage as we are renting a part furnished property on Orkney. Then in February we are moving again, this time to Inverness, Beauley or somewhere in between...but then we will stay for 2 1/2 years which is nice. After that hubby is FINISHED with his training so he can apply for a permanent job. Once he has a job we can get a "forever" home...I cannot wait to have a home where I can work in the garden, put a proper craft room together...perhaps in an outbuilding:) So many dreams, so many plans...:)
The fact is, even though I am not feeling my best at this moment...I am tired, lethargic, uninspired and generally BLAHHH, I am really excited about the future. I cannot WAIT to move to Orkney:) The thought of living in a place like that, is just exciting. And then moving to Scotland...I have loved Scotland since I was little...watching Taggart...:) Listening to the dialect, watching them drive around in the beautiful countryside...can't wait:)
I have finished one little picture, and am planning on finishing it off as a needle book. Never done that before, so it may take some time...but here is a picture:)
It is kinda cute, don't you think? It is from The Gift of Stitching...I think they have sooo many gorgeous designs. I have not used the exact colors, but tried to pick similar colors. It looks better in real life...now I just have to find a suitable button or charm to put in the middle :)
It's cute. Love that shade of blue!! As for the rest, I can totally understand. I think part of it is probably that you're somewhat lonely. If your dh is working so many hours, you're spending most of that time alone. And part of it is that you have a daunting amount of work to do between now and then. All the sorting and packing and everything. Then you've gotta pay for storage, fixing the car, and gas for the driving you'll have to do. It all adds up!!! Maybe if you try working on one small thing per week (i.e. packing or finding storage or sorting the car) then it will seem easier and you'll be feeling better. Not so blah!! Good luck!!
ReplyDeleteVery beautiful stitching!
ReplyDeleteThank you both for your lovely comments:) I am quite pleased with the little flowers i have to say, and as soon as I've sent hubby on his way I can have the peace and quiet to finish it off...at the moment he is getting a bit stressed...he tends to get stressed when he is nervous and anxious...and not having seen his mum for so long is definately a cause for his nerves. I keep telling him to calm down, and I have told him to write a list and tick off as he is packing...I said it may sound silly, but it will make it easier for him...
ReplyDeleteHe is giving my old laptop to his mum, with a webcam (it is an old one with no inbuilt webcam or microphone) so she can skype him. So, I have installed the webcam, skype, antivirus software and made sure it all works. Now I am gonna put some pictures on the laptop so he can show things from here, and then I am gonna shut it down so it can cool off...it gets overheated quite quick... and then I am gonna go make dinner... I will be able to relax tomorrow after giving him a ride to the trainstation...he is leaving at 6am...I will probably go back home to sleep...lol