I can admit I have only done one piece of crewel work before, and I am not very good at the curves...don't really know if I am supposed to just keep the stitches in the same direction or make them follow the curves...I can't help it but I do have the urge to follow the curves...hope it is not too bad...please tell me what you think?
I was not sure about the colors...felt the yellow was a bit too pale and strong, but now it feels quite ok:)
Time to get back to work.
:)
I think your work looks great!! I have not been able to do crewel work. To me crewel work is cruel work. LOL But yours is gorgeous. The colors look great together and the curves look great too!!
ReplyDeleteI never thought I could do it either, but it is not as scary as I thought...not to mention it is one kind of "painting" I can actually do...:)
ReplyDeleteHi Ylva, your crewel work is lovely, the colours very nice indeed, congratulations. Working curves in stitches gets easier as you do more of it. You will become less tense as you do more, and find yourself making unconscious decisions about stitch length and direction. It's all good fun, and nothing to be too stressed over. Take care.
ReplyDeleteI am glad it is looking alright:) And I will definitely do more of crewelwork once I'm done with this project:)
ReplyDeleteYour crewel work looks great to me Ylva - it curves quite nicely, and the colors look great together. I love different types of embroidery, especially when I am not the one doing it :) Please keep up the beautiful stitchy work!
ReplyDeleteYou're doing quite well..Keep going :)
ReplyDeleteDeepa
http://deepashome.blogspot.com/
Thank you:) I am enjoying it:) Will post an update tonight or tomorrow. Am trying to figure out a pattern for my sister's table runner. I found a pattern, but the little coffee squares I have are only 3" while the pattern calls for 6"...am now trying to figure out how to make it work. Think I will have to search my stash to see if I have any 6" squares to use and put the coffee squares in another way...lol
ReplyDeleteYour work is beautiful! When I learned to do free motion machine embroidery we went with the curves. Your work is perfect! I've never been able to do crewel work either. I don't have the patience for it.
ReplyDeleteI'll stitch to counted cross stitch and some good old fashioned embroidery! And some machine embroidery too!