Skip to main content

what to do...

Ok, so...here's the thing...I have shoulder pain so I am trying to avoid doing any stitching at the moment...which is kinda making me feel lost...I normally have something to do stitching wise...so at the moment I am just sitting on the computer potting about...mainly searching without luck for properties or jobs in Orkney or Inverness area...I know it is ridiculous doing it as I am way too early. But...I am just soooooooo worried I won't be able to go and stay in Orkney for the 6 months hubby is working there. I really really really really really want to live there, and to explore. The thought of living somewhere that remote and different to anywhere else I have lived or even visited. The chance of going somewhere sooo much NATURE is just making me so excited, and at the same time worried I won't have a chance to go...

I am NOT saying that I am not looking forward to living up in Scotland, in Inverness, Beauly or somewhere in between...I am really excited about that as well, but I just don't want to miss out on Orkney.

So...on top of that I have to hand my notice in at work...when I accepted the position I was not aware that it was a permanent position...I realised when I received the contract about 2months into my job, that it was permanent. And, on top of that they now want me to increase my hours on a permanent basis and assume a more important role. I took on a few extra hours a week helping out in another department while the lady I am covering for is having an operation. Now last week I was asked if I could cover the same extra hours but in my normal job whilst one of the two nurses is on leave, to help out a little extra with phone calls and so on...

I am not going to enjoy handing my notice in, but it is necessary. I will have to blame my husband as he is the one who applied to the job for me.

Yesterday I went into my room to do some work after doing the house cleaning...and I had no idea where to start or what to do...I am already in the middle of a few projects, I have things everywhere in no order at all, which makes it difficult to put projects together. The desk is too small to properly spread out on, and I can't really bring my room down to the dining room table...well, perhaps I could...but it is hard work carrying things up and down all the time...and I did have a resolve to do more exercise and less crafts...

So, my life is kinda strange and stressful at the moment...or at least it is heading towards a very stressful time...very exciting but stressful... Wish me luck that i get my wish...I would be happy living in a trailer for 6months if it meant I could stay in Orkney...

Comments

  1. I'll wish you brilliant luck, Ylva. I hope you get the perfect property!! Is there extra income in it for you, working the extra hours, or do they want you to do it for nothing? I hope you get it all worked out soon. And get your crafty things sorted out too! It will make you feel better!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The extra hours I do I get paid for which is nice:) I feel much better after telling them at work that I am leaving. And, I know we will find a property suitable for 6months one way or another. Sabeel, my darling husband seem to have things work out for him some how. I think that together we are charmed. That does not mean we have an easy life, but somehow in those moments when we think we are completely out of luck, we get a break from somewhere...sometimes without being able to explain it. I will never forget in Croydon when we had to take Pearl to the vet for a broken bone, and we were completely broke...from somewhere we have no idea still, we had money put into our account. Sabeel called the bank to find out if there was some mistake made, but they could not tell where the money came from, but still to this day we have not been asked for them back...and that is only one out of tons of examples:) We would never take that for granted and push our luck as that would jinx it I think...

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's really cool. I hate that vet's offices have to ask for money up front, before they treat your pet. I wish animals could be treated like people are ~ medicine first, then money. But all too often, they don't get paid, so they have to do it that way. Sad, that people think they shouldn't have to pay for a beloved pet's medical care.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Refreshing my blog (long time coming)...

Hi, I haven't posted here for a very long time. Towards the end of the last period of blogging I completely lost track of my craftiness and there was just too much going on in life. Now I am finally feeling like myself again, I have started a web shop on Etsy and have started selling my jewellery from a shop in town. I have not yet been brave enough to do a craft fair, but I have my eyes on one in October and then it is a matter of doing some Christmas fairs to get my name out there. Below you can see some of the things I have made, and I will be posting my finished items whatever they may be both on Instagram, Facebook and here, planning on going a bit more in depth here for whoever wants to know more:) So, here we go:) This was a commission, made up of peacock colour freshwater cultured pearl nuggets and silver-plated copper stardust beads and findings. It consists of a ring, ear studs, bracelet and necklace. The lady who ordered it absolutely loves it:) Below are so...

New Year, New Home, New Outlook!

Ok, so I have been very bad with writing on my blog...I am slightly ashamed... I do however have a reason for it...This last year went pear shaped, and I lost myself a bit. Firstly in March, my husband failed his final exam for the first time, causing a lot of stress and worry. Secondly, we lost our gorgeous baby girl Tara, our almost 12 year old GSD...she was in too much pain in her back and back legs, she was dragging her back feet as she had no strength to lift them to walk properly on her pads. This caused her to wear down her claws so much that she was bleeding on one occasion. After this occasion we made sure to walk her only on the side of the road so she could drag her feet on grass instead of asphalt. At the end of April 2014, we sent her across the Rainbow Bridge, to join her friend Darwin whom we lost in December 2012. After this awful event, things were quite tough at home, and as if that was not enough, my husband still had to study and practice for his final exam. He ha...

Slimming World update!

I AM SOOOOOOO HAPPY!!! I lost 6 1/2 pounds, which means I have reached my 1st stone milestone:) I am so surprised but happy...I have gained 1/2pound three weeks in a row because my period was 3weeks late. Now my period has come and gone, and it just shows how much my body is affected by the f***king period...  (and those stars are hiding REA and nothing else...lol) So, tonight it is Nando's dinner...chicken, coleslaw and ratatouille (or perhaps some lovely chips) to celebrate weightloss as well as payday...I do normally let myself enjoy a nice treat of some sorts after my weigh in...that way it is easier to stay on track the rest of the time...:) I am getting on with my Siamese cats, and am about halfway through with the white, and once that is done I am finished and can make them into a cushion cover:)