Skip to main content

Beautiful day

So, the best part of today is that I have a day off from work...and hubby did the dog walking and is doing the dishes and dinner, leaving me to do what I want...:) Now, I have been good...I mended two tops and one pair of trousers for myself, then I changed zipper on one pair of hubby's trousers...it was a bit shorter than the original one, and it was dark blue compared to the original brownbeige, but that is not visible. Once I finished it is hardly visible that I have done anything to them...

Now, after finishing with that I had to evacuate my room so that Darwin could go to sleep under the desk...he does not want my feet by his face...understandably:)

So, I took my stuff downstairs...I have this large square plastic container with clip-on lid that I am using for my WIPS, and I have just added the Monopoly board to the container...I won't start back on it until the cats are done, but at least it is ready and waiting...the only negative is that the container is not big enough to fit the frame for the calendar partwork, but that is life.

I went outside and took some pictures...now as soon as I go outside, Pearl comes out with me and hovers around my feet...I tried to take some pictures of Tara, but she always keeps her head turned away from the camera...I did get some lovely pics of the Wisteria hanging over the fence from our neighbour...

So, below you can see a few pix...











Now, below is a pic of how far I've come on the Monopoly board...
I will come with an updated picture on the Siamese cats tomorrow (possibly later tonight but not very likely...) and I am hoping that there won't be much left...I do believe my darling cats will be finished this week, and I want to make them into a pillow...hubby said he wants it for him...I said it is OUR pillow and NOT his...lol...they are too cute for him to be selfish...:)

Comments

  1. Grats on the progress. It's not too bad here today. It's a little dreary, but it could be so much worse!! I would like some more sun. We had a sunny Sunday, but every other day for two weeks has been all rain, all the time. UGH!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks:) We had so much rain last summer and this spring it was ridiculous...this spring has been good:)I should be done with the cats in the next day or two:) Yey...and the Monopoly board is waiting to be continued...

    ReplyDelete
  3. It was the same here. We had the wettest April on record this year. It was ugly.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Refreshing my blog (long time coming)...

Hi, I haven't posted here for a very long time. Towards the end of the last period of blogging I completely lost track of my craftiness and there was just too much going on in life. Now I am finally feeling like myself again, I have started a web shop on Etsy and have started selling my jewellery from a shop in town. I have not yet been brave enough to do a craft fair, but I have my eyes on one in October and then it is a matter of doing some Christmas fairs to get my name out there. Below you can see some of the things I have made, and I will be posting my finished items whatever they may be both on Instagram, Facebook and here, planning on going a bit more in depth here for whoever wants to know more:) So, here we go:) This was a commission, made up of peacock colour freshwater cultured pearl nuggets and silver-plated copper stardust beads and findings. It consists of a ring, ear studs, bracelet and necklace. The lady who ordered it absolutely loves it:) Below are so...

New Year, New Home, New Outlook!

Ok, so I have been very bad with writing on my blog...I am slightly ashamed... I do however have a reason for it...This last year went pear shaped, and I lost myself a bit. Firstly in March, my husband failed his final exam for the first time, causing a lot of stress and worry. Secondly, we lost our gorgeous baby girl Tara, our almost 12 year old GSD...she was in too much pain in her back and back legs, she was dragging her back feet as she had no strength to lift them to walk properly on her pads. This caused her to wear down her claws so much that she was bleeding on one occasion. After this occasion we made sure to walk her only on the side of the road so she could drag her feet on grass instead of asphalt. At the end of April 2014, we sent her across the Rainbow Bridge, to join her friend Darwin whom we lost in December 2012. After this awful event, things were quite tough at home, and as if that was not enough, my husband still had to study and practice for his final exam. He ha...

Slimming World update!

I AM SOOOOOOO HAPPY!!! I lost 6 1/2 pounds, which means I have reached my 1st stone milestone:) I am so surprised but happy...I have gained 1/2pound three weeks in a row because my period was 3weeks late. Now my period has come and gone, and it just shows how much my body is affected by the f***king period...  (and those stars are hiding REA and nothing else...lol) So, tonight it is Nando's dinner...chicken, coleslaw and ratatouille (or perhaps some lovely chips) to celebrate weightloss as well as payday...I do normally let myself enjoy a nice treat of some sorts after my weigh in...that way it is easier to stay on track the rest of the time...:) I am getting on with my Siamese cats, and am about halfway through with the white, and once that is done I am finished and can make them into a cushion cover:)