Skip to main content

Orkney, here we come:)

Amazing, we have sorted a property already!!! A 2bedroom cottage on Burray, just south of the main island, about 17minute drive from the hospital where hubby will be working. It is about 60-70 meters away from the next neighbour, which means the pets will be ok...the only thing we need to check is how close to the garden the main road is when we get there, and we have to consider if we are gonna let the cats out or not, but that is ok. They only go out when we are at home anyway, and never go out after dark. Hubby would not be able to sleep at night with the cats out somewhere:)

So...one issue sorted. That only leaves the actual logistics of the moves. Yes, I do say moves as in plural...we have to move most of our stuff into storage either in Preston or Inverness, and the rest will come with us to Orkney. Then, in February, we will move again, to Inverness, Beauley or somewhere inbetween, and get all our stuff together in one place. There we will stay for 2 1/2 years (yey!) before hubby is qualified and can get a permanent position somewhere...and then the only question is WHERE!?! But that is for later...much later:)

Yey to being proactive and getting things done at an early stage, avoiding tons of stress and worries:)

Comments

  1. Oh, Ylva, that's wonderful news. I'm so glad you found a place. And after all that worry, it just practically fell in your lap! (I'm glad you started working on it early!!!) Grats to you! You could use one bedroom as a craft room... Oh the things you could do!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will email you details so you can see the cottage with Google Streetview:) you can move the camera round and see the ocean and the loch:)
    The upstairs bedroom looks quite big, but I think I would probably be using the livingroom as my craft room and let hubby have the second bedroom...just so he can shut himself away to study and work. It is only fair. I normally sit and stitch infront of the telly anyway...can't type and stitch unfortunately...has to be one or the other...I am expecting a lot of inspiration though:) you'll see what I mean:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, lovely. I'd love to see where you're gonna be staying. We really have to get on messenger one of these days!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Refreshing my blog (long time coming)...

Hi, I haven't posted here for a very long time. Towards the end of the last period of blogging I completely lost track of my craftiness and there was just too much going on in life. Now I am finally feeling like myself again, I have started a web shop on Etsy and have started selling my jewellery from a shop in town. I have not yet been brave enough to do a craft fair, but I have my eyes on one in October and then it is a matter of doing some Christmas fairs to get my name out there. Below you can see some of the things I have made, and I will be posting my finished items whatever they may be both on Instagram, Facebook and here, planning on going a bit more in depth here for whoever wants to know more:) So, here we go:) This was a commission, made up of peacock colour freshwater cultured pearl nuggets and silver-plated copper stardust beads and findings. It consists of a ring, ear studs, bracelet and necklace. The lady who ordered it absolutely loves it:) Below are so...

New Year, New Home, New Outlook!

Ok, so I have been very bad with writing on my blog...I am slightly ashamed... I do however have a reason for it...This last year went pear shaped, and I lost myself a bit. Firstly in March, my husband failed his final exam for the first time, causing a lot of stress and worry. Secondly, we lost our gorgeous baby girl Tara, our almost 12 year old GSD...she was in too much pain in her back and back legs, she was dragging her back feet as she had no strength to lift them to walk properly on her pads. This caused her to wear down her claws so much that she was bleeding on one occasion. After this occasion we made sure to walk her only on the side of the road so she could drag her feet on grass instead of asphalt. At the end of April 2014, we sent her across the Rainbow Bridge, to join her friend Darwin whom we lost in December 2012. After this awful event, things were quite tough at home, and as if that was not enough, my husband still had to study and practice for his final exam. He ha...

Slimming World update!

I AM SOOOOOOO HAPPY!!! I lost 6 1/2 pounds, which means I have reached my 1st stone milestone:) I am so surprised but happy...I have gained 1/2pound three weeks in a row because my period was 3weeks late. Now my period has come and gone, and it just shows how much my body is affected by the f***king period...  (and those stars are hiding REA and nothing else...lol) So, tonight it is Nando's dinner...chicken, coleslaw and ratatouille (or perhaps some lovely chips) to celebrate weightloss as well as payday...I do normally let myself enjoy a nice treat of some sorts after my weigh in...that way it is easier to stay on track the rest of the time...:) I am getting on with my Siamese cats, and am about halfway through with the white, and once that is done I am finished and can make them into a cushion cover:)