So...I have told people at work that I am leaving, and feel sooo relieved:) Did not enjoy it for a second, but the reaction was ok, and the fact that I am gonna hand my notice in tomorrow (still won't leave until middle/end July) is gonna help my manager start looking for a replacement straight away, and hopefully I can train my successor before I leave.
Other than that I am just potting about looking for inspiration even though I have way too much to do already...been out wtih Tara for walks yesterday and today in teh drizzle...halfway through today's walk the sun came out an dit was really warm, but now it is grey again...I am not complaining too much as it is a relief after so much sun...the ground needs it as well.
Am gonna take my sewing machine down to the kitchen table tomorrow, and my fabrics, and am gonna play around a bit whilst my husband works nights over the weekend...am hoping to have some pictures to show for it:)
Other than that I am just potting about looking for inspiration even though I have way too much to do already...been out wtih Tara for walks yesterday and today in teh drizzle...halfway through today's walk the sun came out an dit was really warm, but now it is grey again...I am not complaining too much as it is a relief after so much sun...the ground needs it as well.
Am gonna take my sewing machine down to the kitchen table tomorrow, and my fabrics, and am gonna play around a bit whilst my husband works nights over the weekend...am hoping to have some pictures to show for it:)
Sounds good Ylva. Piccys are always appreciated!! Hopefully, you will have lots of things to show us. What are you planning to make? Clothes, decorative items, what?!? Inquiring minds want to know!
ReplyDeleteHi Julie, I have no idea what I am planning on doing...I have so many ideas in my head I just can't think straight...and today I've got my weigh in with Slimming World, so I can't focus on anything at all... I will post as soon as I have decided on what I'll be doing...:)
ReplyDeleteI'll be watching, and I hope your weigh in went well. Keeping you in my prayers for the move!!
ReplyDeletewell, minus 3 1/2 pounds, which means 1stone 3pounds down in total, or 8.26kilos. I know it has taken time, but I am not too bothered about that. I don't want to have too much flapping skin at the end of it...lol
ReplyDeleteWe may have found a property in Orkney...I am hoping we can accept it without having to go there to look at it first...it is 10 1/2 hours each way so it would be a weekend of driving just to look at a property. Lots of money, time and energy. It is not a big cottage, but enough for 6months. We just need to know that the own er is ok to hold it for us until July, and we need to know what furniture to store and what to take. Logistics is tricky...
Other than that I am fine...relaxing with Charmed at the moment, but feel the need to turn the heater on...it is very windy outside and the rain comes and goes...got hubby away working over the weekend, so I've got the house, telly and everything else to myself. Both positive and negative...gonna miss him, but can do what I want when I want...to a certain extent as I have no money to spend...but I am used to that by now...lol
Actually, that sounds lovely. Just you and your little zoo, chilling out by the heater, watching the telly. If I watched TV, I would do that with YD some days. As for the rest, good on you. I hope it works out for you, or that another door opens if this one closes. Good luck!! (Especially with the not driving there part.)
ReplyDeletewell, it appears that my dear husband has made plans for me...he has too much work to be able to go up to Orkney and look at properties, so he has planned for me to go if it is needed...he has no issues with paying for train or plain tickets if I prefer travelling that way...I said let's wait and see if it is necessary. I don't feel the need to go and look at only one property...rather wait and see if we have more than one property to look at...but if I don't have to go I'd be happy, not because of the travel but because of the cost. It would be around £200 to go there..the travel cost, food and somewhere to stay as it won't be possible in one day. If I have to go, I think I'd rather drive than anything else, as I can go in my own time, don't have to wait for any train or plain to leave...I can drive to the property instead of going by taxi or bus or so on...I like my independence...so, you don't have a telly? I bet you have sooooooooo much more time to do what you want...I do find I'm a bit addictive...sometimes watching the same movie over and over and over because it is good...getting stuck watching something instead of doing something useful. I am working on it though...trying to watch less telly and do more activities...ah well, moving to Scotland will be amazing. You can't live in a place like that without being out in nature as it is there all over. Just have a look at pictures of Orkney:) Do a search on Google and you will see what it is I am excited about:)
ReplyDeleteIf I were in your place, I'd be really ticked about him making plans for me without consulting me first. I'm glad you're okay with it. I'll look up Orkney as soon as I'm done commenting. I'm sure it's gorgeous, as I think anyplace away from the big cities is. As for the telly, I DO have a TV. I just don't watch it very much. Occasionally, I watch a movie, but I'm on the PC so much it's rare. The only time I watch on a regular basis is during the American football season. :D Then I'm glued to the TV on Sundays because I'm a huge fan. I'm really gonna miss my dad this season, cause he was my football friend. We'd talk about the game and what's going on and all that. Otherwise, I turn it on for my game system (a lot recently, as I just got a new game) and for a movie (maybe twice a month, if that). It's not that I don't want to watch, but my focus is on the PC. I often spend eight or ten hours a day on the computer, so there's not much time left for other things...
ReplyDeleteOrkney has a henge!!! I didn't even think of that, but I saw it in the photos. It IS a beautiful place. I hope you enjoy your visit there. Is there a bridge or do you have to take a ferry or plane out to the island?
ReplyDeleteYou can fly or take the ferry over to the islands, and then drive between some of the islands, but for the most northerly islands you can take ferry over (at least that is what I believe...not 100% sure). There are 70islands in total, and only 17 are inhabited. We will know sometime this week if the property we have looked at online is going to be rented to us. He has not decided if he is ok with having pets or not...I will let you know as soon as I know:)
ReplyDeleteI'll be crossing my fingers for you. When I'm not using them, of course!!
ReplyDelete