So, last night I was not sure if I felt like going to the workshop this morning...I was really tired and was also feeling very insecure about my abilities...this morning I woke up to a massive headache, but I did get up, had a shower and felt much better. Had my breakfast and then went in search of an inspiratory picture to use for my workshop project. Of course, I forgot to change from black/white to color picture, so what came out was half-size and black and white instead of full of colour...
Now, I should really tell you what the workshop was about...freestyle machine embroidery. Taught by a lovely lady who has been doing it for ages:) She showed her first project from a workshop ages ago, a poppyfield, and it was amazing...and the fact that it was made from straight stitches and zig zags is fabulous. So, I got my machine out, and showed it to one of the ladies who was amazed that I do not have a foot pedal...I do actually have one, but I don't need to use it...it makes it easier to focus...all I have to do is put the right speed and press start and then I can just sew and sew. Now, she was so amazed that she went and got pretty much everyone in the group to come and see my machine:) They've got the name of it and the website where I got it...we'll see how many of them get the same machine...
So, now I know a little bit more about doing freestyle embroidery and feel more confident:) "Unfortunately" I now have yet another hobby to get into, and I have also had information about colouring fabrics with natural things such as dandelions and grass...LOVELY!!! :)
Now, I should really tell you what the workshop was about...freestyle machine embroidery. Taught by a lovely lady who has been doing it for ages:) She showed her first project from a workshop ages ago, a poppyfield, and it was amazing...and the fact that it was made from straight stitches and zig zags is fabulous. So, I got my machine out, and showed it to one of the ladies who was amazed that I do not have a foot pedal...I do actually have one, but I don't need to use it...it makes it easier to focus...all I have to do is put the right speed and press start and then I can just sew and sew. Now, she was so amazed that she went and got pretty much everyone in the group to come and see my machine:) They've got the name of it and the website where I got it...we'll see how many of them get the same machine...
So, now I know a little bit more about doing freestyle embroidery and feel more confident:) "Unfortunately" I now have yet another hobby to get into, and I have also had information about colouring fabrics with natural things such as dandelions and grass...LOVELY!!! :)
It IS lovely. You're so creative, I'm sure you'll do well with it. Grats on learning a new skill. And I'm glad your machine was so well appreciated. Maybe you inspired someone else to get it, so it works both ways. You were inspired and inspiration on the same day. Great job, Ylva!!
ReplyDeleteThanks Julie:) I have too many interests, if that is possible...I think it is not a matter of too many interests, rather too little time...I need to get away from the TV and spend more time in my room...the problem is I get back ache if I spend too much time sitting by the desk...and I have no space for a sofa...
ReplyDeleteYou can never have too many interests, I guess. Can't you take crafty stuff into the living room?
ReplyDelete