Skip to main content

Scotland 2011

I AM MOVING TO SCOTLAND!!! End of July we will be relocating to the Orkney islands north of Scotland...AND I CANNOT WAIT!!! I was saying to hubby...the fishing rods will be standing on the porch waiting for a Sunday morning walking down to the water and fishing for dinner:) He almost had a tear in his eyes...we have not been able to go fishing since we moved from Plymouth due to not knowing really where to go, and not really having much time due to his work and studies...

On another note...I am really pleased with March...it is standing up right in front of me on a bureau waiting for me to get back to it...but I am determined to do a bit more on the cats first...have done a bit last night, and due to a little accident I am now sitting with my left foot up by necessity and have done a little bit more...will check if I can speak to mum and dad on Skype first, and then I'll get back to them again...got a real cat next to me on one part of the pattern...

So...back to stitching it is:)

Comments

  1. Uh oh, I hope you haven't hurt yourself. I will say a prayer for your foot, Ylva. Happy Easter to you, and grats on moving. I would guess you will get lots of fishing time living on an island. Try and keep your sanity whilst packing up the house again, KK??? All my love coming your way!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Julie:) I am a bit strange as I enjoy moving...I only have two worries. The first one I have is whether we can find a rented property that takes pets, and the other one is that Darwin does not get too stressed out by the move...last time he was really bad for about 3weeks before he was back to normal. This time we are planning to make the move a very quick and efficient one, and put the cats in a kennel whilst we do the packing and shifting...then stuff them in the car and drive north:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Enjoy the move, label boxes well, & take care

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you Chris. I am going to work these next 4 months to get rid of things we don't need, and pack with proper labels, as we will only live on Orkney for 6months, and then it is relocation time again, and I am not intending to unpack more than necessary inbetween. In a way I kind of hope that we will be staying on Orkiney...The thought of living like that is just wonderful...coming from a small community in the north of Sweden, I really do appreciate living away from crowds...or perhaps I am just antisocial (in a citylife kinda way...not when it comes to like minded)...lol

    ReplyDelete
  5. Okay, that tears it. You're weird Ylva. You're not supposed to like the actual process, lol. And I can't really see you as anti social!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yep, Julie...I am weird...and strangely proud of it:) I have just warned my husband though NOT to moan and complain about the move...especially not 3 MONTHS before the move... and especially since I do most of the work before the move...now we have to figure out how to move the pets all the way to Orkney in as stressfree manner as possible, and in the shortest time possible...once we have a property to rent that is... And...I am only antisocial in the way that I don't really go out partying, or go to social gatherings unless it is with close friends. I prefer to have a nice dinner at home with friends any day:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. LOL, my brother is the same way. He never goes out, but he does bonfires at home, and everyone comes over. They all eat his food and drink his beer, lol, but he doesn't mind. I wish I could find as decent a guy!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Refreshing my blog (long time coming)...

Hi, I haven't posted here for a very long time. Towards the end of the last period of blogging I completely lost track of my craftiness and there was just too much going on in life. Now I am finally feeling like myself again, I have started a web shop on Etsy and have started selling my jewellery from a shop in town. I have not yet been brave enough to do a craft fair, but I have my eyes on one in October and then it is a matter of doing some Christmas fairs to get my name out there. Below you can see some of the things I have made, and I will be posting my finished items whatever they may be both on Instagram, Facebook and here, planning on going a bit more in depth here for whoever wants to know more:) So, here we go:) This was a commission, made up of peacock colour freshwater cultured pearl nuggets and silver-plated copper stardust beads and findings. It consists of a ring, ear studs, bracelet and necklace. The lady who ordered it absolutely loves it:) Below are so...

New Year, New Home, New Outlook!

Ok, so I have been very bad with writing on my blog...I am slightly ashamed... I do however have a reason for it...This last year went pear shaped, and I lost myself a bit. Firstly in March, my husband failed his final exam for the first time, causing a lot of stress and worry. Secondly, we lost our gorgeous baby girl Tara, our almost 12 year old GSD...she was in too much pain in her back and back legs, she was dragging her back feet as she had no strength to lift them to walk properly on her pads. This caused her to wear down her claws so much that she was bleeding on one occasion. After this occasion we made sure to walk her only on the side of the road so she could drag her feet on grass instead of asphalt. At the end of April 2014, we sent her across the Rainbow Bridge, to join her friend Darwin whom we lost in December 2012. After this awful event, things were quite tough at home, and as if that was not enough, my husband still had to study and practice for his final exam. He ha...

Slimming World update!

I AM SOOOOOOO HAPPY!!! I lost 6 1/2 pounds, which means I have reached my 1st stone milestone:) I am so surprised but happy...I have gained 1/2pound three weeks in a row because my period was 3weeks late. Now my period has come and gone, and it just shows how much my body is affected by the f***king period...  (and those stars are hiding REA and nothing else...lol) So, tonight it is Nando's dinner...chicken, coleslaw and ratatouille (or perhaps some lovely chips) to celebrate weightloss as well as payday...I do normally let myself enjoy a nice treat of some sorts after my weigh in...that way it is easier to stay on track the rest of the time...:) I am getting on with my Siamese cats, and am about halfway through with the white, and once that is done I am finished and can make them into a cushion cover:)