Pictures will be added as soon as I get home...I am writing some of this at work as I have a little bit of downtime...
I finished February last night around 11.30pm and needed to hit the sack, so only forwarded a pic to Vicki so she can see...she says it looks fabulous:)
Now I am on unchartered territory as I have not done anything further, but she promised me March is easy...
I am really enjoying getting back to my partwork...but I am feeling a bit bad about neglecting my Siamese cats...I think I will work on them this weekend as all I've got left is the white on the bodies...then I can finish it off as a pillow I think...not sure yet...but I think it would be sooooo pretty as a pillow...would probably hide it somewhere until we've moved to our forever home...don't want to ruin it in a tiny house where I cannot put things on display a bit better...
gotta go now...will continue when I get home...
Now, January is supposed to have beads and not picots in the cutwork, but unfortunately I misread the instructions twice with about a year and a half inbetween...first time I just did woven bars...this time I did woven bars with picots when it should actually have been WRAPPED bars and beads...after redoing the wrapped bars once I did not want to risk loosening the threads any further, so left it as is, which means my January is much simpler than the original... but it is still pretty:)
Ok, here are the pictures:)
I finished February last night around 11.30pm and needed to hit the sack, so only forwarded a pic to Vicki so she can see...she says it looks fabulous:)
Now I am on unchartered territory as I have not done anything further, but she promised me March is easy...
I am really enjoying getting back to my partwork...but I am feeling a bit bad about neglecting my Siamese cats...I think I will work on them this weekend as all I've got left is the white on the bodies...then I can finish it off as a pillow I think...not sure yet...but I think it would be sooooo pretty as a pillow...would probably hide it somewhere until we've moved to our forever home...don't want to ruin it in a tiny house where I cannot put things on display a bit better...
gotta go now...will continue when I get home...
Now, January is supposed to have beads and not picots in the cutwork, but unfortunately I misread the instructions twice with about a year and a half inbetween...first time I just did woven bars...this time I did woven bars with picots when it should actually have been WRAPPED bars and beads...after redoing the wrapped bars once I did not want to risk loosening the threads any further, so left it as is, which means my January is much simpler than the original... but it is still pretty:)
Ok, here are the pictures:)
Oh, I can't wait to see your pics. Grats on the "finish" Ylva. Have fun with your cats. That's a beautiful piece.
ReplyDeleteThank you Julie:) I am really pleased with it so far:) I am only worried I will make a stupid mistake and have to redo the whole thing on a new piece of fabric...so I am overly cautious:) I still messed up with January...not sure how I can misread the instructions SOOO badly...they are soo clear...
ReplyDeletevery wonderful progress on January & February.
ReplyDeleteLOL, I had to do lots of reweaving on Feb, so don't feel bad. I was following the diagram and not the instructions, and Vicki removed threads that were not supposed to be removed in the diagram to make it easier to follow. Ooooops!! But that's all right. It still looks pretty! I'm glad I'm not the only one to mis read the instructions though. Your pics look great. I hope you continue to do well with this. It is beautiful!!!
ReplyDelete