So, I went to town on Wednesday to get the tyre changed on the car, and to buy some fabric for my sister, but I ended up only buying things for myself as I was not sure what she wanted/needed. Instead, I took pictures of the shelves of fabric so she can tell me what she wants, and then I can go back and get the right fabric.
I got three books from a charityshop, I got a large piece of fabric and a quilting hoop for my sewing machine (hoping it is right for it) as I am going next Saturday to my local embroidery group to learn machine embroidery. And then I have a picture of a little box I made (well, I made the topping of the lid) and finally an update on my Siamese cats...
I got three books from a charityshop, I got a large piece of fabric and a quilting hoop for my sewing machine (hoping it is right for it) as I am going next Saturday to my local embroidery group to learn machine embroidery. And then I have a picture of a little box I made (well, I made the topping of the lid) and finally an update on my Siamese cats...
You have made lots of progress on the cats picture. Beautiful.
ReplyDeleteLooks like lots of projects for you.
Tons of projects, which is both fun and distracting...I love too many crafts I think...but I am not gonna pick only a few and just forget about the others...I will do my best to have time for them all instead...:)
ReplyDeleteWow, your cats are gorgeous Ylva. Keep up the good work, and they'll be finished before you know it!! I've never done a box, but I would think it would be difficult for someone who can't cut in a straight line, lol. Grats on all the progress and on the new acquisitions. Can't wait to see the cats finished. Oh, and btw, I was talking to mom about you offering me the chart. She said something about the cat smell on it, and I told her YD would probably pee on it just to get me back for bringing something in the house that smelled like another cat, lol. (She never would, but it sounded funny, so I thought I'd share! She may very well hiss at it, and I"m sure she's gonna sniff it endlessly!!)
ReplyDeletewell, if you want I can always send a little bag of cat fur...probably mixed with some dog fur as well...lol...you could always make it into a cat toy...she may never stop kicking it...hehe
ReplyDeleteWhen it comes to the box...well, I did not actually make the box, only the cover of the lid. I do want to make a box one day, covered with fabric and embroidery...I have seen some gorgeous sewing kit boxes...but for now I am just decorating some boxes I got at HobbyCraft. Not really sure what I am gonna do with them once they are decorated, but that is not really the point in my book:)
I totally agree. It's the process that is important, not what you do with the finished pieces. I'm sure you'll find a use for the box somewhere, lol. Yes, please send a box of gently used cat fur. I will turn it into a toy for Yes Dear and she'll play with it (by play, I mean hiss, spit, and beat) every day!!!
ReplyDeletelol...I will definately send you some fur:) and yes, I agree about the process:) I only make things I like though...and I prefer things that both me and hubby will enjoy having on the wall (or sofa or wherever suitable), and therefore no matter how cute some projects are, I would not make them as I would not want them on my wall...I do love sci fi movies, I adore Charmed, Supernatural and so on, but I am not a fantasy kind of person, so HAEDs are not for me. There is a series of cats there that is adorable, but as I wouldn't have them on my wall I don't see the point in making them...and I have seen some pix like wolves, cats, leopards and so on, but I am not sure if the pixels are detailed enough (if you know what I mean) and I like detailed pictures (especially if they are of a photograph type project). See my grizzly that I sent to my nephew, or the three wolves I have on my wall...they could have been taken with a camera. I love those pictures. Of course the Siamese cats are not real real, but they are still gorgeous and detailed:) I hope you get what I mean with it...most of the HAEDs I have seen finished have had pixel issues...
ReplyDeleteSometimes I am not sure I make sense...I know what I mean, and it seems to get so complicated when I try to explain it...sorry...lol
ReplyDeleteNot this time. You explained exactly what you meant. And I totally agree with you on the realistic thing. Everything I do has to look realistic, or I don't do it. Some people like to stitch cartoons and things like that, but those things are not for me. I can appreciate them, but I would never stitch them or hang them on my wall. I'll have to let you know if Julie or I have pixel issues with our Story Keeper SAL. She is much further than I am, but as far as I know, she is only doing sky and trees, so not much chance to see if there is a clarity problem there. I've seen quite a few finishes though, and they look great to my eye. So I'm not thinking there will be a problem with SK for me. You can look at it and tell me what you think, Ylva.
ReplyDelete