Skip to main content

ok, so my plans did not really work...

...as I was planning to do a chicken in a sauce and serve with roast butternut squash, peppers and onions...I have ended up doing the roast veg the way I planned them, but I have made a chicken curry...how is that supposed to work...well, I guess my hubby will have to say what he thinks after eating it...

Other than that I have cut the lawn in the back garden, I have done a little work in the house...the rest will be for tomorrow...including cutting the front lawn and pruning the bushes by the living room window. Inside the house I have to do the regular cleaning, but also try to pack away a few things that we won't need before the move (YES I know it is still 4months away) and decide what we can get rid of...some things for Ebay and the rest for charity shops...I prefer starting early...last time we moved I was working more than fulltime, trying to pack, taking care of the house sale, finishing off at work (leaving after 4years was NOT easy or fun), taking care of the cats and the dog, trying to find time to go see hubby who had already gone up to work in Blackpool, and go on interviews up in Preston...5 1/2 hours drive EACH way...

This time I am working part time, I have hubby home to help, we are only renting so it is much easier with the move. The most important thing is to make sure that Darwin does NOT get stressed. Last time I spent 3months packing, boxes everywhere, poor Darwin got stressed, and the night before we moved, his cystitis flared up because of the stress, and it took 2weeks for him to stop bleeding...poor thing...this time I am doing things in small steps, making sure that I don't stress him out. What I am planning is to go through things slowly and what we do not want or need I will either give to charity or sell on Ebay...that way we might have fewer boxes than last time...poor moving men had to carry sooooo many boxes of books and other heavy items...

So, that is it for now, better check my roast veg so they are not burnt...

Comments

  1. Oh, ugh. I HATE moving. I hope you have better luck with your movers than I did!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I kinda enjoy moving...the packing and finding space for all the boxes is the negative bit, but once you have all the boxes in your "new" house/flat, and you start trying to figure out where everything goes...I LOVE IT!!! I know, I am a weirdo...but proud of it:) Last move was horrible because it took about 3-4months of living in boxland before the move actually happened as we were waiting for the house to sell...NOT fun...this time we are moving from rented to rented, and it seems we can upgrade the house we are moving to each time we move, which is lovely:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Not to mention, we are moving to Scotland which is GORGEOUS!!! If you search for pictures of Inverness, Scotland you will see where we will most likely be living...but check out Shetland and Orkney isles as well, and you will see why I am excited:)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Refreshing my blog (long time coming)...

Hi, I haven't posted here for a very long time. Towards the end of the last period of blogging I completely lost track of my craftiness and there was just too much going on in life. Now I am finally feeling like myself again, I have started a web shop on Etsy and have started selling my jewellery from a shop in town. I have not yet been brave enough to do a craft fair, but I have my eyes on one in October and then it is a matter of doing some Christmas fairs to get my name out there. Below you can see some of the things I have made, and I will be posting my finished items whatever they may be both on Instagram, Facebook and here, planning on going a bit more in depth here for whoever wants to know more:) So, here we go:) This was a commission, made up of peacock colour freshwater cultured pearl nuggets and silver-plated copper stardust beads and findings. It consists of a ring, ear studs, bracelet and necklace. The lady who ordered it absolutely loves it:) Below are so...

New Year, New Home, New Outlook!

Ok, so I have been very bad with writing on my blog...I am slightly ashamed... I do however have a reason for it...This last year went pear shaped, and I lost myself a bit. Firstly in March, my husband failed his final exam for the first time, causing a lot of stress and worry. Secondly, we lost our gorgeous baby girl Tara, our almost 12 year old GSD...she was in too much pain in her back and back legs, she was dragging her back feet as she had no strength to lift them to walk properly on her pads. This caused her to wear down her claws so much that she was bleeding on one occasion. After this occasion we made sure to walk her only on the side of the road so she could drag her feet on grass instead of asphalt. At the end of April 2014, we sent her across the Rainbow Bridge, to join her friend Darwin whom we lost in December 2012. After this awful event, things were quite tough at home, and as if that was not enough, my husband still had to study and practice for his final exam. He ha...

Slimming World update!

I AM SOOOOOOO HAPPY!!! I lost 6 1/2 pounds, which means I have reached my 1st stone milestone:) I am so surprised but happy...I have gained 1/2pound three weeks in a row because my period was 3weeks late. Now my period has come and gone, and it just shows how much my body is affected by the f***king period...  (and those stars are hiding REA and nothing else...lol) So, tonight it is Nando's dinner...chicken, coleslaw and ratatouille (or perhaps some lovely chips) to celebrate weightloss as well as payday...I do normally let myself enjoy a nice treat of some sorts after my weigh in...that way it is easier to stay on track the rest of the time...:) I am getting on with my Siamese cats, and am about halfway through with the white, and once that is done I am finished and can make them into a cushion cover:)