So...hubby supposed to go on the ferry 6.30 this morning from Stromness to Scrabster in order to get to Inverness in time to look at at least one property...got up 5.10 to have breakfast and get ready...went out to the car and started it...waited for hubby...he came out and told me to come back inside...the ferry was cancelled...
So, I went in and back to bed...got up 8.30am to have a cuppa tea and see what's happening...hubby found that the next ferry from Stromness was at 1pm...that would mean that he would miss the bus to Inverness and have to wait until 6pm...he had checked the ferry from St Margaret's Hope...said he would miss the bus by 15minutes... I went in and double checked, and it turned out he had read it wrong, and as the ferry from St Margaret's Hope only takes an hour, he would make the bus (we thought)...so he cancelled his ticket and we went to the St Margaret's ferry...he got on it with no problems, journeyed over with no problems...got there and found out that the bus had NOT WAITED!!!!!!!! So, he is now stuck in the middle of nowhere until 6pm when the next bus goes to Inverness...he will be there for 10pm...we can only hope that the lady who lives in the house he is going to look at is ok with him coming in around 10pm...if not he is very likely to be stuck in Inverness until Saturday...this because the last bus from Inverness to the ferry leaves 14.40...and if she works full time she won't be able to show it to him...
Next issue is the weather...is the weather going to be a problem for hubby getting home again? IF he takes the 14.40 bus to the ferry and it does NOT go...he is stuck in the middle of nowhere over night...IF the ferry goes in the morning...
It would be an understatement to say that we are looking forward to the move being over with...it is really hard to have to check the weather before making any plans...and today-Sunday is the only time hubby has off to go to look at properties...not to mention that we have to sort out moving companies and actually sign up for a property...hubby starts his new job on the 1st February by which time we really want to be settled into our property in Inverness...the question is if it will happen...it is looking quite bleak at the moment...
Any fingers crossed, wishes, prayers or other wellwishes sent our way will be GREATLY appreciated...
hugs
Well...the latest is that hubby is on a bus to Thurso and will take a train to Inverness...should bring him there by 8pm...which hopefully means that he can still go see the favorite property tonight...which should mean he can come home tomorrow night as long as the ferries are going...fingers crossed...
So, I went in and back to bed...got up 8.30am to have a cuppa tea and see what's happening...hubby found that the next ferry from Stromness was at 1pm...that would mean that he would miss the bus to Inverness and have to wait until 6pm...he had checked the ferry from St Margaret's Hope...said he would miss the bus by 15minutes... I went in and double checked, and it turned out he had read it wrong, and as the ferry from St Margaret's Hope only takes an hour, he would make the bus (we thought)...so he cancelled his ticket and we went to the St Margaret's ferry...he got on it with no problems, journeyed over with no problems...got there and found out that the bus had NOT WAITED!!!!!!!! So, he is now stuck in the middle of nowhere until 6pm when the next bus goes to Inverness...he will be there for 10pm...we can only hope that the lady who lives in the house he is going to look at is ok with him coming in around 10pm...if not he is very likely to be stuck in Inverness until Saturday...this because the last bus from Inverness to the ferry leaves 14.40...and if she works full time she won't be able to show it to him...
Next issue is the weather...is the weather going to be a problem for hubby getting home again? IF he takes the 14.40 bus to the ferry and it does NOT go...he is stuck in the middle of nowhere over night...IF the ferry goes in the morning...
It would be an understatement to say that we are looking forward to the move being over with...it is really hard to have to check the weather before making any plans...and today-Sunday is the only time hubby has off to go to look at properties...not to mention that we have to sort out moving companies and actually sign up for a property...hubby starts his new job on the 1st February by which time we really want to be settled into our property in Inverness...the question is if it will happen...it is looking quite bleak at the moment...
Any fingers crossed, wishes, prayers or other wellwishes sent our way will be GREATLY appreciated...
hugs
Well...the latest is that hubby is on a bus to Thurso and will take a train to Inverness...should bring him there by 8pm...which hopefully means that he can still go see the favorite property tonight...which should mean he can come home tomorrow night as long as the ferries are going...fingers crossed...
Comments
Post a Comment