So...today I mowed the lawn, at least the flat bit...I had to mow, then rake, then mow again as it had grown so very much since last. I had planned to do the slope as well, and also cut the long grass along the edges of the fence, but I got so shaky and weird that I had to stop for the day. I realized that I had forgotten my thyroxine this morning...so I really have to remember to take my pills in the mornings... Anyway, I ended up with blisters on both thumbs...I have very sensitive skin on hands and feet so I get blisters way too easily...NO FUN!!!
Below you can see I have started emptying the blister...that normally makes it heal quicker...
And, does ANYONE have a clue what flower this is? I found it in the corner of the garden, but have no idea if it is a weed or a flower that has got misplaced a bit...it is very pretty though:)
And check out Tara and the crow having a staring match...it is quite funny watching them. This crow comes every single day checking for food...and Tara runs up and down the hill chasing it and it flies away and sits on the fence just far enough away so she can't get it...poor Tara:)
And here is Pearl stalking the same crow...you can see the crow on the next picture just on the other side of the table...perfectly aware that she is slowly coming closer...:)
This is my latest ornament WIP...it is an acorn in Quaker style. I am hoping I have enough of the sampler thread to finish it. If not then I have a thread that is similar in color but not as silky.
And this is how far I have come on Clifftop Poppies...and below that you can see what it will look like:)
Ouch! i do hope your thumbs get better soon. Love the clifftop poppies - are they from a kit?
ReplyDeleteYes, the poppies are a kit that I got when I started subscribing to the World of Stitching a few years ago. It is quite a big picture, and I absolutely love poppies, so am quite pleased working on it. I should really be working on some of the other WIPs I have, but I got excited and that was that...lol :)
ReplyDeleteI can totally relate to enthusiasm to start another project! In the last few days I've started 2 new things! Not sure what your mystery flower is, but hey - a weed is just a flower in the wrong place - so maybe leave it anyway!
ReplyDeleteThose blisters I can totally relate to - I get blisters when I use the secateurs I had. Just bought a rachet set, so hopefully they will help.
Good luck with the job!
I just finished a quaker acorn I was making, and even though the thread I was using finished, I managed to use another thread (called Acorn funnily enough) to finish it off without it really showing:) And the flower will stay. I found another large purple flower that I have no clue what it is, but as they are not hurting anyone and we only rent the house, I won't move them or get rid of them...they can stay:) And...I get blisters from anything really, my hands and feet have very sensitive skin in that sense...I get blisters from wearing new shoes for 5 minutes sometimes...really frustrating...
ReplyDelete