This is when my car was washed by the spray from the waves lashing the barrier...
And last but not least this is the update on my lovely Chardonnay...
This is what I will be working on today as I am refusing to leave the house...my dog is having a rest day...she is not happy about it, but tough!!! She'll live:)
It looks lovely, Ylva. And Tara will live, and not be frightened of storms, which is a good thing. Scary out there driving this morning. Glad you made it in and back!!
ReplyDeleteI have realised that the weather we had was not enough to shut the barriers...I am not sure I want to experience how bad it has to be do close them...i gave in and gave Tara a quick walk (10minutes) when the rain stopped, just walked down towards the beach below the house, but the closer I got the more it felt like I was being scrubbed...the wind brought water and sand and hit me in the face...I ended up hiding behind the house just by the water whilst playing with her for a few minutes (tug with the lead) before going back home...thank goodness for heating...lol
ReplyDeleteIt's scary to live on the coast. Any coast. Floods, storms, tsunamis, anything could happen. I said lots of prayers for you and yours that things went well and you didn't have any damage. Glad to see you made it through!! And yes, thank goodness for heating. And fires. That kind of weather is the perfect time for a cozy fire (if the wind isn't stalking down the flue and blowing the embers helter skelter.
ReplyDelete